Soviet time secret facility with a cover name “Vacation Hotel”.
In the territory of the rehabilitation centre Līgatne, 9 m underground, there is a well-equipped facility with a total area of 2,000 sq.m, whose secrecy grading was removed only in 2003. Bunker was built fot the needs of political and state authority elite of the 1980-ies for state administration in case of nuclear war.
– Secret concealment of the Secretaries General of the Soviet Communist Party comrades Voss and Pugo!
– One of the most strategically important places in Soviet Latvia in case of a nuclear war.
– A powerful autonomous self-sustaining structure with all necessary and high-end (for that time) equipment.
– All authentic underground furnishings have been retained!
What can be seen there?
– plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydropower stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water and how that would affect largest towns;
– autonomous electrical station with diesel ģenerators and fuel reservoirs;
– conditioning equipment for air purification;
– water supply and sewerage equipment which operates in accordance with submarine principle;
– special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country;
– books by Marx, Lenin, Brezhnev and other Soviet times politicians;
– unique map with historic names of collective farms;
– materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
– canteen with a typical Soviet menu;
– Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and daily items.